Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Pro-Set Elite 6 Help

Show all reviews of the Heil Pro-Set Elite 6

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro-Set Elite 6.

K5NOK  Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2014 13:42  Send this review to a friend!
Great with slight changes!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like this headset and with 2 easy changes it is a 5 on this review scale. First, I took the cloth ear pad covers carefully off the headset, folded them up and put them back in the box. Do not use them because they are hot and uncomfortable. Second, I made adjustments to my radio. I started with the settings for my radio from the manual and then did a Google search of the headset and my radio name for what other users have done. I used those as a starting point, then made my own changes during qso’s. One result is that I made my mic gain a lot hotter than I had thought was acceptable. This headset is heavy but gives excellent Heil Audio for transmit and receive and great noise cancelling. I have not found the weight a problem after using it all day. I have not yet adjusted the ear pressure but that is easy as well. I now get unsolicited “good audio” reports with an entry level radio while using this headset.