Categories | Keys & Paddles | CT-ERIDAN Help

Show all reviews of the CT-ERIDAN

You can write your own review of the CT-ERIDAN.

W0CCA  Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 07:39  Send this review to a friend!
Craftsmanship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the CT-599 first, because I like the magnetic low profile format, first purchased as the NorCal paddle kit, and Vibroplex calls it the Code Warrior. But make no mistake, the UR5CDX product is MILES above those paddles, similar only because it uses a similar approach. In fact I probably should not mention the former in the same review. Yuri's workmanship is just excellent. So many of the custom paddle makers adhere to the square machinist look, primarily because it is less part finishing, but Yuris paddles are works of art. After being very satisfied with the CT599, I could have stopped. But I got the Eridan chrome finish because I now knew how good these things were. The Eridan is just a museum piece. Carefully shaped parts and curves, just fun to look at. The chrome finish is outstanding. The action is great. The levers are a little shorter than the CT599 and the fulcrum at a different spot and the bearings smaller, so I would say the start/stop mass is much less, and I find it to be very accurate, even when I practice at 40 wpm (despite no QSOs available anymore at that speed). I left the contact settings as they arrived and backed out the magnet to a very light touch. Perfect for me. I have a W9WBL V22 which I have always liked for its small swing mass and this equals or exceeds it. Yuri gets you your paddles in 10 days from the Ukraine. A pleasant change from the 8 month wait on some custom stuff. The packaging is above and beyond anything you have gotten in the mail. Don't worry. Superb. Highly recommend these paddles.