Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Show all reviews of the Land Air Communications LTD

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

K2ZSK  Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 10:23  Send this review to a friend!
Hal Guretzkyís brand of service is a rarity in this day and age  Time owned: months
I have owned a Yaesu FT-101EE transceiver for decades, and it continues to perform magnificently to this day. Recently the meter switch (P.O., I.P., ALC) began connecting intermittently in the I.P. and P.O. positions, so I was unable to reliably tune and monitor the unit. I called Yaesu technical support to see if they had any replacement switches or recommendations for dealing with this issue, and they referred me to Hal Guretzky at LandAirCom. I was able to reach Hal on his cell phone, and he graciously took the time to coach me away from replacing the switch, suggesting that it was an oxidation issue which could be resolved with much less effort. He went on to recommend a product called LPS-2, a heavy duty lubricant that he uses to spray on these types of switches, lets it soak in, and then works the switches several times through all their positions to remove any oxidation that has caused them to malfunction. The LPS-2 also protects against future oxidation. I ordered the LPS-2 from Grainger, received it the next day, followed Halís instructions, and the switch is now working perfectly. Hal didnít charge me a thing for his time and advice, and saved me a ton of work, as replacing that switch is a major project with the FT-101EE transceiver. Hal Guretzkyís brand of service is a rarity in this day and age. I would never hesitate to use him if my FT-101EE or any of my older equipment ever needed service beyond my own capabilities. Thank you Hal!