Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FT-450 Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FT-450

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-450.

W2JAW  Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2014 20:42  Send this review to a friend!
Wonderful Transceiver!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the Yaesu FT-450 now more than once. For all the features that you get for the cost, it's a ton of radio. I have owned the Icom Pro II, Yaesu FT-950, Kenwood TS 570s, Kenwood TS-590s and many others and still love the FT-450's feature set.

It's easy to get into the menu and do any adjusting that you need to do. I always get great reports all over the world. Only thing that I wish there was available would be direct frequency entry. I was told that John from QSYer may take it on to make a QSYer that would work for the FT-450, but that it would require a different programming altogether.

I love the Posinegative screen myself and have one of the newer AT models right before the D model came out. Meaning that I can't change the Color of the Display. I learned quickly that one can still change the color with Gel filters that they use in lighting in Hollywood and the movies.

I love my FT-450 and plan on keeping it for years to come. It's all I need to hear Shortwave, SSB, CW and most all of the Digital modes.

73's