Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | ICOM IC-7200 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7200

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7200.

K2PJW  Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2014 17:17  Send this review to a friend!
Fun Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sold my TS-590 to buy this radio. I wanted a radio that was portable and rugged. It is currently my main rig and I am really enjoying it.

After reading other reviews I decided to order the SM-30 mic at the same time that I ordered the radio. What a combination. The audio is very nice and the mic's small footprint is great on my desk. I still have not used the stock mic.

This radio is currently selling for under $900.00. It offers IF DSP that actually works and many other features that let you customize the radio the way you like. What a great deal.

The USB connection on the rear make computer control and digi modes a breeze.

In my almost 25 years of being licensed I have used many radios and tried even more when I had the chance. The Icom 7200 is in my top three. For ease of use, simple setup, and just plain fun to operate it's a great main radio for my situation.

The only negative I can find is the "small" display screen. But with my PC and Ham radio Deluxe free version it's not an issue.