Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Anytone AT5888UV Help

Show all reviews of the Anytone AT5888UV

You can write your own review of the Anytone AT5888UV.

WB2RXF  Rating: 2/5 May 2, 2014 22:42  Send this review to a friend!
Its alright for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First off the radio's connected to a diamond X30 with a new 100 foot run of LMR400 at about 115 feet up from street level on a 6 story building. The radio has a nice layout and all, its easy to use, the manuals not really needed, if your use to programming basics, it reminds me of my old Yaesu 8000r back in 2000. I still haven't heard a peep on the 223mhz receive portion, even though I have the major repeaters programed, just some occasional intermod gets thru. The 70cm band portion seems to be almost filter-less, anything and everything -aka intermod gets thru, even with enc/dec on when on memory, but strange enough, when in VFO Mode you can see the carriers but no noise gets thru, only the wanted, said stations. I suppose if the diamond X30 had any-type of dbd gain on 2 meters, I'd have the same issue, although with the 0.8 dbd gain the antenna has, I do get intermod, luckily I kept and attached my trusty 2 meter DCI-Bandpass filter & it makes all the difference. I suppose it's good enough for rural areas, and using via mobile / repeater work. But using it as a base station 1 mile from lower manhattan in brooklyn, leaves a lot to be desired.