Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Scorpion Antennas SA-680 Help

Show all reviews of the Scorpion Antennas SA-680

You can write your own review of the Scorpion Antennas SA-680.

N3ETA  Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2014 23:06  Send this review to a friend!
Still great after 6 Years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm back with an update on my Scorpion SA-680. It's been mounted on my 2005 4Runner for 6 1/2 years now. It spent almost 6 of those years within blocks of the Pacific Ocean and the last 8 months in the colder wetter climate of the Pacific Northwest. and its still like new.still works like the day I first installed it.
A couple of days ago. Do to my own stupidity while reinstalling it on the 4Runner after removing it so I could have some repair work completed on my car. I twisted off the SO 239 (I think the mechanic might have stepped on the PL259 and warped it...well... that my story and I'm sticking to it) So i called Ron Douglass at scorpion up and told him of my problem. Ron explained in detail what I would need to do to fix it If I didn't want to incur the shipping cost and time to send it back to him in Az. Well after a detailed explaination of what would need to be done I figured this was within my meager capabilities. So he said he would send me everything I needed to complete the repairs. (He even including a new shunt coil which wasn't technically bad just a bit oxidized from the salt air) Well was I ever surprised when about an hour latter I got an email from the Post Office saying my parts had shipped priority mail. Not only is this an unbelievably well built antenna but you could not ask for better support and service. My hat is off to Scorpion and Ron Douglass. I can, without any reservation at all tell you that if your in the market for a screwdriver for mobile or fixed operation (Yes he offers them for both) you really need to consider a Scorpion. I don't think you could make a better choice. For quality, service and support. They really are the best.