Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | Cooler KX TM Heatsink by VE7FMN for Elecraft KX3 Help

Show all reviews of the Cooler KX TM Heatsink by VE7FMN for Elecraft KX3

You can write your own review of the Cooler KX TM Heatsink by VE7FMN for Elecraft KX3.

K7ADD  Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2014 12:30  Send this review to a friend!
Well constructed, beautiful fit, runs cooler.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With a tip from the KX3 Yahoo reflector, my expectations were high. Several had raved about the build quality and the difference the heat sink made in PA temp. I contacted Fred directly and got in on his next batch.

The heatsink arrived, as others have noticed, with somewhat funky packaging. My fears were immediately assuaged, as I removed the packaging and saw the build quality. I'm most impressed with the finish, as it looks like an Elecraft part... fantastic.

Installed very quickly and didn't interfere with the SideKX or that poly cover.

Anecdotal and non-scientific results have been quite positive. Running 10W on both PSK31 and Olivia with ~35% duty cycle shows reduced PA temps.

I'm a huge fan of these cottage industry solutions to common problems and Fred made it clear that sometimes the results are better than typical commercial parts.