Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Log4OM by IW3HMH Help

Show all reviews of the Log4OM by IW3HMH

You can write your own review of the Log4OM by IW3HMH.

W2LJ  Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2014 07:03  Send this review to a friend!
Really good program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I give Log4OM a "5" for several reasons.

1) General ease of use. By itself, the program, while being comprehensive is very easy to use. It is intuitive, and it just "makes a lot of sense" to use. Setup is painless and easy. The program itself runs well on one screen, but can be split apart if that's your thing. Log4OM is the type of logging program that makes you say, "If I knew how to write software, this is they type of logging program that I would come up with."

2) Looks good. To those of you more concerned with function than form, this may not be so important. To me it is, however. The program looks good, it is not archaic or UNIX looking.

3) Plenty of bells and whistles. In addition to being a great logging program, you can mate Log4OM to your transceiver (in my case, my KX3). This will allow the program to keep track of what frequency your on, so you don't have to manually enter it. Also, if you decide to use the DX Cluster feature, a click of your mouse will get your transceiver to the desired spot instantaneously.

4) User manual. Sometimes an overlooked feature, but there is a comprehensive user manual located at the Log4OM Website. It can be downloaded and kept for future reference, and it is written very, very well.

5) Support. Also located at the Log4OM Website is a support forum. If you have a question that doesn't seem to be covered in the manual - the Log4OM development team gets back to you in a matter of hours - not days ..... hours. I had a few minor issues that I needed help with. I had posted questions to the forum before going to sleep at night, and by the next morning, answers were waiting for me!

6) eQSL and LOTW linkage which are actually painless! This is the first logging program that I have used that did the job without making me jump through all kinds of hoops. Setup was easy and uploading to both services works great with minimal stress on my part.

7) Continually developing. Daniele and Terry are constantly asking for suggestions. Tweaks are made and bugs (if and when they rear their ugly heads) are addressed and fixed. These guys listen and that is so important!

Log4OM is a labor of love and is offered to the Ham community free of charge. Why anyone wouldn't download and use this program is beyond me.