Categories | QRP Accessories | Cooler KX TM Heatsink by VE7FMN for Elecraft KX3 Help

Show all reviews of the Cooler KX TM Heatsink by VE7FMN for Elecraft KX3

You can write your own review of the Cooler KX TM Heatsink by VE7FMN for Elecraft KX3.

VE6EI  Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2014 11:53  Send this review to a friend!
Simple and elegant!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fred was really easy to work with. His website has recently been updated to make it easier to buy his products. I received a quick reply to my email, and when Fred realized I have added the SideKX handles and cover, he suggested I try his "T" model heat sink which is brand-new and specifically designed to accomodate the SideKX.

After placing my order I received the package in just a few days. The installation process was very simple, though Fred has created a very good set of instructions that should ensure nobody makes a mistake. He does not feel it necessary to use heat sink compound, but I did add just a little between the rig and heat sink anyway.

Make sure you READ the instructions. You DO need to open the rig to fit the heat sink, but just to get a grip on the PA transistor nuts while removing the old screws and replacing them with those supplied in Fred's kit.

The Cooler KX-T heat sink installed easily, looks good, and doesn't add much weight to the rig. I'm sure it will help significantly to keep the rig's temperature down during heavy use.