Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Acom 1011 Help

Show all reviews of the Acom 1011

You can write your own review of the Acom 1011.

VK1MAT  Rating: 4/5 Jun 12, 2014 20:17  Send this review to a friend!
Nice Clean Amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I did a lot of research on various amplifiers that would suit the Australian 400w limit.
I could have purchased many more powerful amplifiers, but also required an amp that could be taken out for field days and provide a clean output.
The added bonus was the Australian dealer provided a 1 year warranty on tubes and 2 years on the amp according to their website.
The ACOM 1011 does all of the above. BUT.
Within a month of purchase I called Val with an issue, he said a tube had died. I sent the Amp back to the Australian dealer for repair.
I did not see the Amp again for several months for a "tube" replacement.
When I did get the Acom 1011 back, a note from the dealer suggested that I was LUCKY they replaced the tube and they do not warrant output devices.

Another tube died maybe 2 months later. Val had sent me the tube replacement instructions, so instead of wasting several months again on the tube "warranty" through the Australian dealer, I replaced them myself at my own cost.
I found that the tubes installed were cheap chinese branded and the Australian Authorised dealer had damaged the left hand socket during the previous tube replacement.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed in the service provided through the ACOM Dealer. But when the amp is working it is everything I expect.

This is not an indication of the Acom build quality, or specifications. I suspect it is the cheap tubes provided.

The ACOM 1011 is going strong after quality tubes were installed.