Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Hexbeam: Traffie Help

Show all reviews of the Hexbeam: Traffie

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: Traffie.

K6RIM  Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2014 08:09  Send this review to a friend!
Happy Camper!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My experience with this purchase was superb from the beginning: order placement, Mike's willingness to answer questions, excellent written instructions for assembly of the hexbeam and superior product quality.

At my old QTH, I had enough room for a large log periodic. Not so at the new QTH. I wanted a beam that had good gain and F/B, but that would fit on a small lot without towering over the house in a way that attracted negative attention from neighbors. While no beam is invisible, the Traffie hexbeam has the smallest footprint and the least visual impact of anything of which I'm aware. Yet it is a serious directional antenna with decent gain and F/B.

As others have noted, SWR is low across all five bands, completely eliminating any need for an antenna tuner.

I went to some length to reduce the visibility of the antenna system: As delivered, the spreaders of the Traffie hexbeam are white. I painted them dark gray. And I chose a (dark gray) Force 12 low profile tower.

Immediate neighbors, of course, noticed the antenna system, but - so far - no complaints or daggers. Just a bit of conjecture, accompanied by laughter, as to whether I was trying to communicate with aliens.

Sure, there are beams that outperform a hex - but they require more real estate, service and they involve far greater expense.

For my station on a small lot, The Traffie hexbeam is a perfect solution and I am a happy camper.