Categories | Amateur Radio Periodicals | CQ Magazine Help

Show all reviews of the CQ Magazine

You can write your own review of the CQ Magazine.

VR2AX  Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2014 06:50  Send this review to a friend!
CQ Magazine  Time owned: more than 12 months
A rating of 2.8 makes you wonder what these reviews are really worth. My first experience was when I came to Hong Kong 30 years ago, CQ was sold by the shop beside the Star Ferry In Central. I was able to buy a new mag that was so different from the RSBG Bulletin/Radio Communication of old. So fresh and interesting. A bit like the 1960s version of Short Wave Magazine.

On and off I have subscribed, usually to the sea mail versions, so a day or two late delivery has not been an issue (sic). Concur with the comparative comment below regarding scolding. Had a few problems a couple of years ago with missing editions. Now to my recent experience.

In February I subscribed for the digital edition. This is not from empathy nut just to save the problem of postal problems. It worked great. My first edition was the February one which was the first inclusive of the CQ Plus. Overall I think it is too much of a read for one month.

I continue to receive my, what is now called, RadCom. It has its place and I can't really compare and am not entitled to do so. Suffice to say that I shall continue to subscribe for the digital edition of CQ for as long as I want to read a fresh and open ham radio read. Each to his or her own.

Very best,