Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | PAR Electronics SM-50 6M Stressed Moxon Help

Show all reviews of the PAR Electronics SM-50 6M Stressed Moxon

You can write your own review of the PAR Electronics SM-50 6M Stressed Moxon.

KX4TT  Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2014 06:16  Send this review to a friend!
Good design - good performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the SM-50 from Dale about 3 weeks ago to work the ARRL VHF contest, and for portable work. Assembly took 10 minutes, and the antenna is light enough to mount on a painters pole. Since I live in a townhome and permanent antennas are verboten, I pop the antenna up at 20-22 ft and use an armstrong rotator.

So - does it work? Yes,it works quite well; I have some signal gain and some directionality which my vertical did not provide. The lightness (<3 lbs) of the antenna allows for easy portable setup. Despite the light weight, the antenna does not feel flimsy in any way, and although I have banged it against nearby objects, the antenna has not suffered any damage or been detuned. For those that want some numbers, I have worked 32 states and about 70-75 grids in 3 weeks on and off; this is due to the good propagation and a good antenna. Now if Dale could degisn one that could fit in a backpack........