Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | PAR Electronics, Inc EF-10/20/40 Help

Show all reviews of the PAR Electronics, Inc EF-10/20/40

You can write your own review of the PAR Electronics, Inc EF-10/20/40.

KG4LLQ  Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2014 08:25  Send this review to a friend!
Great Zepp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my EF 40/20/10 for about a year now & use it as my secondary antenna at my home. I have not trimmed the antenna for 40 meters so my SWR on 40 is at 2:1 across the band. My MFJ 949e solves that problem. On 20 meters it is 1.3:1 and on 10 meters it is also 1.3:1. It even has an SWR on 12 meters of 1.5:1 and on 18 meters 2:1. Here's the key to this antenna: it is a Zepp in which the center conductor of the feedline coax radiates RF through the antenna while the outer skin of the coax feedline radiates RF as common mode current. Therefore aligning the feedline is critical. Keep it away from metallic objects and run the feed line, in as much as possible, in a horizontal configuration off the ground. Since it is limited to 25 watts (per the manufacturer) there shouldn't be a problem with RF exposure. However, I use an MFJ-915 1:1 isolator near the transmitter just in case. This is a very competent antenna for a Zepp.