Categories | Antenna Analyzers | mRS MiniVNA Pro Help

Show all reviews of the mRS MiniVNA Pro

You can write your own review of the mRS MiniVNA Pro.

KD0CAC  Rating: 4/5 Jun 26, 2014 14:39  Send this review to a friend!
Powerful but finicky   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had other analyzers MFJ-259 , B & 269
Time Wave TZ900 and played with others that friends had .
But this is a VNA which is why I bought it , to test components / systems .
It does do a very good job of being an antenna analyzer , especially with it being a device that uses graphs vs. meters & digital displays - much quicker for multi-band antennas .
I would give this a higher reading , but there seem to be lots of issues with using Blue Tooth , many report connection issues .
Then the computer interface is a off and on again problem .
I may have taken my lack of computers as being at fault , but having read with other users on the Yahoo group having similar issues .
And Yahoo is probably one of the biggest problems , but they were the only game in town for this type of group interaction at the time , hard to move to alternatives sites - but probably worth trying .
With some patients and computer skills this can work better , I am not a fan of computers getting in the way of using gear , maybe an age thing ;)
But once you get use to the stumbling blocks - mostly computer interface being inconsistent , it is a very good & powerful tool , and seems to be comparable some high dollar gear .
A couple of things to do for continued use , I leave extra SMA connectors on the unit , for lots of connecting / disconnecting - when they ware out , just change them .
Next is I leave the calibrating caps on to avoid stray energies from creating issues , same with all my other analyzers - leave small dummy loads on them , I have had damage to some gear getting stray static / etc. ? causing damage .