Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Ultra Beam 2el. 6-40M Help

Show all reviews of the Ultra Beam 2el. 6-40M

You can write your own review of the Ultra Beam 2el. 6-40M.

VK2BJ  Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2014 03:40  Send this review to a friend!
Great Multiband Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was looking to expand my antenna capability on my small tower to include the three WARC bands. Previously I was using an Optibeam OB6-3M for 10,15 and 20 at 44ft with a Cushcrft D40 for 40m about six feet higher. After a lot of research, and discussion with Carsten of RF Solutions, the Australian distributor for Ultra Beam, I decided to go with their 2el 6-40m antenna.

It has now been at the top of my tower, replacing both the previous antennas, for almost 10 months and I find its performance to be excellent on all bands from 6m to 40m. Apart from now giving me the three WARC bands, the bonus is 6m where it performs so well that I took down my separate 3el for that band.

Its performance on 40m where it operates as a dipole with the ends bent round the loop (as it does on 30m) is certainly as good as my previous D40 and the gain and front to back on 20m through 6m is very good for just a full size 2 element yagi.

Based on my experience to date, I would recommend this antenna to anyone who needs a good multiband antenna with a small footprint.