Categories | Antenna Analyzers | AEA VIA-HF Help

Show all reviews of the AEA VIA-HF

You can write your own review of the AEA VIA-HF.

VE7CN  Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2014 13:28  Send this review to a friend!
Excellent Tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this meter and it took me 10 minutes to figure out all of the features without looking at the manual. It did take some patience to push the buttons over and over to see what they did but now I know.

I tried it on a number of antennas including at the antenna run and between connections to the power meter, switches, and the rig and found that one of my coax connectors was not screwed in properly. I used it to confirm frequency settings on my SteppIR and didn't have to turn the frequency dial a hundred times like my MFJ meter. It is very light weight and very.

There are only two things that I don't like so far. 1 is that it does not appear to have a battery charging circuit in it so I will have to take it out of the case occasionally to charge the batteries. The second thing is that it is only HF and since I take my meter with me everywhere and use it to help with mobile VHF/UHF and HF installations, this meter only does HF.

I have not yet tried the signal generator, L & C tester, or the Signal Strength meter but that will happen very soon.

I really like this meter. I may get a more expensive version with the expanded frequency range.