Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-207 HF SWR Analyzer Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ-207 HF SWR Analyzer

You can write your own review of the MFJ-207 HF SWR Analyzer.

N7KOB  Rating: 3/5 Jul 10, 2014 13:05  Send this review to a friend!
MFJ Needs better QA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the MFJ-207 with the intention of using it for field day this year. The plan was to get it a few days ahead of time and make sure I could work it properly to help tune my 'hamsticks' in the field, then use it the rest of the summer with portable antennas as I go camping.

Upon powering it up, the swr stayed at 2, across the entire range.

The device was never tested before it shipped. The PL239 connector inside was never connected. MFJ suggested that I do the soldering myself, I'm okay with that, if it solves the problem. However, after soldering the SWR would only vary between 1.7 and 2 across the whole band for my antenna, however with an SWR meter and transceiver, it definitely peaked at infinity, so there were other issues with the analyzer.

MFJ Customer Service is helpful, you actually get to talk to a real person. It still took me a week to get the return label from them, however, and we'll see how long it takes to get the device repaired or replaced. I can pretty much guarantee that using it for my summer camp outs is pretty much out of the question for this year.

My only experience with this product or any antenna analyzer, is the non-functional analyzer I received, I'm giving the three for the review because of the willingness of MFJ employees to help remedy the situation for me.