Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FTDX-3000 Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FTDX-3000

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTDX-3000.

WA3DQS  Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 10:37  Send this review to a friend!
Great with HRDv6  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I upgraded from the FT-950, I first considered the FT-1200, but the lack of USB port on the FT-1200 convinced me to get the FT-3000. It's worth the extra bucks, if only for the built-in CW and RTTY decode functions. Built-in 9 MHz IF output works great with SDR-IQ (or other panadapters,) so I use internal bandscope on a wide sweep and the SDR-IQ with a narrow sweep. If you're still using HRDv5, this rig (or any newer rig) will require that you upgrade to HRDv6. Well worth it to have on-screen sliders for things like IF shift and RF output power, and both the rig control and digital modes work on the same USB cable - sweet! Most of the menu choices are not used frequently, but one option I'd really like to see is the ability to export the menu and memory settings - that would make the firmware upgrades much more user-friendly. Like any menu-driven radio, there's a bit of a learning curve with the FT-3000, but the more I use it, the more I like it.