Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Alpha PA-76 Standard Help

Show all reviews of the Alpha PA-76 Standard

You can write your own review of the Alpha PA-76 Standard.

KG5W  Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 11:09  Send this review to a friend!
Great classic amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my first hf amplifier and I would not trade it. It performs reliably every time. It is extremely quiet in comparison to other amplifiers I have seen. The layout is simple and effective, straight to the point. I understand many hams want the latest-of-the-greatest with all the proverbial "bells and whistles", but I prefer the "tried and true". This amplifier is all business and outperforms other amplifiers that are more expensive and with more hype. In my book, it isn't the hype that makes a product good, it is the performance. Like the unsung heroes out there, this amplifier does its job without the fanfare and flair others crave. It does the job RELIABLY, no questions asked! You can spend your money any way you want (free enterprise), but I love my Alpha PA-76. 8874 tubes are expensive and hard to find but if you watch your grid current, this amplifier will outlive me. This amp is like Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Bruce Lee, and Robert De Niro all in one; kicks butt, quiet, and gets the job done. A CLASSIC!!