Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | PAR Electronics SM-50 6M Stressed Moxon Help

Show all reviews of the PAR Electronics SM-50 6M Stressed Moxon

You can write your own review of the PAR Electronics SM-50 6M Stressed Moxon.

K8NS  Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 14:52  Send this review to a friend!
good performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had this antenna 1 week. I previously used a Par OA-50 Omni directional loop (and still do) which I was very satisfied with but wanted to try the Moxon. It took 8 days from the time I mailed Par the check, until I received the antenna. Assembly and tuning took about 20 minutes. Installation on mast with rotor, 10ft above my existing TV antenna, took another 1 1/2 hours. Antenna is at 27ft. SWR did not change (1:1) and I am not experiencing any TVI. Performance on receive shows most signals 1 to 1 1/2 S units stronger than the OA-50 which is at 22ft. This is quite noticeable on the beacons. Front to back/side ratio is very noticeable. The compactness and lite weight of this antenna has allowed me an increase in performance at a reasonable overall cost. My first qso with the antenna was NP4CW 599 both ways. Par was very helpful to me; answering all my questions by email, and explaining both theory of operation and fabrication details. I am a happy camper.