Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FT-1900R Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FT-1900R

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-1900R.

K3CXG  Rating: 4/5 Jul 28, 2014 15:03  Send this review to a friend!
Has Issues  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the FT-1900 for just over a year and use it exclusively as a mobile rig. It has worked very well. I programmed it with the RT Systems software (the ONLY way to go!), and set power levels on all channels at LOW3 (25 watts). With a 5/8-wave mobile whip, I can get into many repeaters on my daily 35 mile-each-way commute. However, recently, I’ve observed the following when I switch from memory channels to VFO. When I key the transmitter, the radio goes momentarily dead, and then comes “back to life” on the last-used memory channel! Also, the power defaults to HIGH (55 watts) on VFO. I e-mailed Yaesu, and they suggested that the radio might be getting insufficient voltage or amperage, but I used the same setup (factory-provided DC cable) on my previous rigs (all Radio Shack HTX-242s) with no problems on high power (45 watts). I will pursue this further with Yaesu, but if anyone else has had a similar problem, feel free to post it here, I’d like to know your specifics.