Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | LDG DM-990 Help

Show all reviews of the LDG DM-990

You can write your own review of the LDG DM-990.

W8UAB  Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 17:16  Send this review to a friend!
Accurate and Effective!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Let's face it, the Kenwood TS-990 is such a complete package that the usual line of accessories needed to complete a station set-up is almost nonexistent. In fact, the owners manual shows three microphones, two pairs of headphones and a speaker as "Optional Accessories". That is it! I was optimistic that I would find something to spend more money on and I found it!

The LDG DM-990 is a winner on many levels.

The meters perform as intended. Readings are accurate and easy to read. The Kenwood TS-990 advanced menu system allows for unparalleled flexibility when choosing what reading is paired with an individual meter. Example, you can set the left meter to read PWR on transmit, the right meter to read SWR on transmit and then set the radios internal meter to read ALC on transmit. Wow! Three big and beautiful analog meter displays all working independently. On receive they default to reading RX signal strength on each receiver respectively.

Although one may consider my next comment to score in the negative category, I find it to be the products most redeeming feature. My DM-990 was defective! It exhibited some anomalies on TX and RX. I was not the original owner. I was not even the second owner. I was the third owner. I sent it back to LDG and shortly after the UPS man came to my front door and hand delivered a brand new replacement meter. No charge! Free! LDG even covered the cost to ship the replacement.

The replacement meter works 100%. Perfect! This is the level of service that keeps a companies reputation high and customers returning again and again. For the record, this is the third product I have sent to LDG over the years. Each time they have stood behind the product completely, no questions asked.

Note that the end user is able to zero align and voltage (full scale) calibrate the meter via easily accessible trim pots for accurate reading for years to come.

LDG is a winner and this meter is as good as it gets.