Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe Help

Show all reviews of the Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe.

W0CGH  Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2014 21:49  Send this review to a friend!
Great Paddles  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been licensed since 1970, and I've always operated CW almost exclusively. Almost from the beginning I've used one keyer and paddles or another, starting with a Hallicrafters HA-1 and VibroKeyer paddles to the current CMOS Super Keyer III and Vibroplex Iambic paddles purchased from an estate about 15 years ago. In 1971, I bought my first iambic paddles, a set of Brown Brothers BTL's, which I still have and keep on hand as backups to the Vibroplex Iambics.

Let me start by saying that I HATE BENCHER PADDLES!! I like paddles with a solid feel, and I'm sorry if I'm stepping on toes, but Benchers are just plain mushy and have all the solidity of a bowl of hot oatmeal. When I talk about paddles with a solid feel, I'm not talking about paddles that feel like the return spring came from the front end in a 1959 Buick either. A very light spring is just fine, but the feel at the fingerpieces must be solid.

The Vibroplex Iambics HAVE that solid feel that I'm looking for and they're easy to adjust and use. Someone else in their review on this forum complained that the adjustment screws tend to work their way loose. I've found that hand tightening the adjustment screw lock nuts pretty well eliminates this problem "most" of the time, and if one does occasionally work loose, I simply readjust, retighten, and get back to working CW. NO BIG DEAL!!

All-in-all, if I could rate the Vibroplex Iambic higher than a "5", I would. The paddles are well worth todays asking price, and I highly recommend them . . . . . . unless you like sending CW using a bowl of hot oatmeal for paddles, in which case buy a set of Benchers.