Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FT-450D HF Transceiver Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FT-450D HF Transceiver

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-450D HF Transceiver.

N3TGY  Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2014 14:54  Send this review to a friend!
Amazing radio!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I gave this radio a 5 because of the value and performance of this radio. I bought this radio simply for a field/backup radio but it has made it from my field box to my bench more and more. I've had it for 2 years and it just amazes me how fun it is. I recommend this radio (in my humble opinion) for a beginner as well as an advanced operator that has been away from the hobby for a spell. The receiver is amazing! it's I.F. DSP is excellent with the contour control pulling in weak inaudible stations up to a comfortable level in noisy conditions, and having the attenuation on but still able to use the preamp (cutting out the background noise) while enhancing the signal. it's great for General coverage - because it does not rely on the ATU to bring the signals up. and it seems to do well on transmitting as well- I've worked plenty of DX with it ( of course the Antenna is the most important piece of gear whether you build 'em or buy 'em. To new Hams : build your antenna's you'll be glad you did! Anyway this radio will do the job - in it's price class it will prove very difficult to beat!