Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | MFJ 2340T Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ 2340T

You can write your own review of the MFJ 2340T.

AF5CC  Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2014 19:22  Send this review to a friend!
Impressive for size!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first purchased one of these for 17m, figuring since it is a narrow band I could work both CW and SSB on the same whip. To be honest, I didn't expect much out of a 3 foot whip, but I figured with MFJ's "no matter what" 1 year warranty, I could send it back if I couldn't work out of my backyard with it.

Well I was blown away with its performance! It covered the entire 17m band with a flat SWR. I worked several countries in Europe, Siberia, Japan, and all over the US with it. I was so impressed I bought the 20 meter version. I have been having a blast with it on the CW county hunter's frequency, and used a tuner this last trip to get on the SSB county hunter's net as well. Made probably 150 CW QSOs on the way to Iowa and back. Worked Siberia and the Ukraine one evening also. This is all with 40 watts or so since I just hook the rig to the cigarette lighter in the van.

I use the 5 inch mag mount as well and did have one break last year. MFJ replaced both the mag mount and the 17m whip at no cost to me.

My only regret is that I waited so long to get one of these. This is one product that MFJ definitely got right! I can't recommend them enough. I have worked around 40 different countries using them mobile in only 2 years.