Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Datong Automatic R.F. Speech Processor Help

Show all reviews of the Datong Automatic R.F. Speech Processor

You can write your own review of the Datong Automatic R.F. Speech Processor.

IZ1FKS  Rating: 4/5 Aug 14, 2014 10:49  Send this review to a friend!
works with 756 pro 2  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using it for a few mounths, now I am able to enhance the average rf power output I found low on this rig (in comparison with my old ic-745 for example). I switched off the internal COMP. Since Datong ASP is built to be used with a dynamic microphone I modified it to use the icom hm-12. Anyway I have to selected high impedence on Rin selector in order to reduce the too loud signal coming form a electret condeser mic. Probably an attenuator should be designed and place i front of the asp input. Pay attention to ground loop with this unit, use battery or a dc supply different from the rig one (the rig ground and Datong ASP grounds need to be separated). If external power supply is used I suggest to change the rear dc jack connector with a connector adequate for supply in order to avoid polarity inversion (I damaged the rig mic input due to dc on jack)