Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer Help

Show all reviews of the Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer

You can write your own review of the Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer.

AD4C2006  Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2014 05:49  Send this review to a friend!
Great instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had nothing else to say as WOW ! I am impressed with everything on this tiny antenna analyzer, I sold my MFJ-269 and purchased this one because of its small size, it fits in my shirts pockets easily, its very light and even it did not come with a manual, it was for me few minutes to figure out how it works. I hooked first a perfect 50 ohms dummy load on the BNC connector and as soon turned it on, there were two straight horizontal lines, meaning it was showing 50 ohms all over with the upper line and 1.1 swr with the lower line. Then connected to my 20M bazooka and saw 1.1 with 48 ohms on 14.100 Mhz and my 17M bazooka showed 1.1 with 49 ohms on 18.150.
With this instrument you don't need to be moving knobs, just set the center freq (CF)and the spam width (SW)and you are ready to see a graph of you radiation system in one second.
Very handy,useful and afordable instrument that every ham must have as station accessory. I also like the fact that you can memorize all common freqs you want to check within a band so you will not need to move the freq knob anymore, just the memories.
My two dislikes are the fact that it won't come with a charger so I purchased trough amazon.com a four slots charger and also three 14500 Li-ion rechargable batteries to complete the set.
Batteries seem to last long, I have done many measurements and meter shows still 12.1V after a full two hours charge although you can use batteries as they come not fully charged.
The other dislike is that the plastic battery holder once you install the batteries, will stay lose inside the box, what I did was to stick it on the cover upper wall using heavy duty Velcro so it will not touch the board.
This is a keeper with no doubt.

Hector