New to Ham Radio?
DX Cluster Spots
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Show all reviews of the Kenwood MC-90
You can write your own review
of the Kenwood MC-90.
Aug 15, 2014 06:10
Send this review to a friend!
Best of Kenwood's mics
Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Lots has already been said here, although i want to let you know my comments :
1) Top quality mike worth its used price (i was lucky enough to find a mint one) ; however its new price is overpriced IMHO ;
2) Non-solicited reports of great quality audio on my TS-870 Kenwood ;
3) Low output: take care which TCVR you hook that one on, you'll maybe have to crank up your mic gain ;
4) For fun, i hooked it up on my studio mic preamp (an M-AUDIO DMP3) : wow, what an audio!!! I need to make a longer cable to use it properly this way ;
5) One can choose the type of response (wider or narrower with more treble).
As usual, here's the question :
Would i recommend it?
Definitely yes, especially if you find a used mint one.
1) This one is better than the MC-60 (a great mic too) because not prone to RFI ;
2) Audio tailoring possibilities.
3) Great looking design and hi quality craftsmanship.
73s de Chris HA7WX
Product is in production.
You are not subscribed to this review.
If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions about Reviews
please email your Reviews Manager