Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER.

W5MCU  Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2017 09:15  Send this review to a friend!
Love it!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am a new ham but I researched many radios before I came across this radio. I've loved the on-air sound of just about every Kenwood I've heard and I love listening to Yaesu rigs. I get good audio reports on the ICOM 7300. My biggest complaint would be the audio speaker which is on the top of the radio. You should plan on adding an outboard speaker.

Also, plan on a fair amount of learning to find all the settings which are menu driven. This being my first transceiver, I'm able to pick it up quickly having not learned another system first.

The radio is small and compact but it seems to deliver a pretty good punch. My adage is: If I can hear them, they can hear me. I'm running 100 watts barefoot into a Zero5 vertical with the Icom remote tuner and can usually get through a pile up. I can't 'bust through' but if I wait my turn I'll usually get through.

Very pleased with the digital noise reduction and selectivity of the filters. Just now starting to get the digital side PSK31 RTTY and JT65 going and am excited about stretching out there.

This is a wonderful first radio and you won't be disappointed.