Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-756 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-756

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-756.

MM3IDR  Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2017 10:49  Send this review to a friend!
Fine radio.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had my 756 for about 6 months now.

It is an excellent performer. Compared to my first rig an IC-718 it is a lot better on receive and the bandscope, whilst an early implementation, is extremely handy and does what it's meant to.

Typically if I can hear it, I can work it. It has had more than a few compliments for fine audio on TX even with the standard mic.

The UI is a real pleasure, it is just logical. There aren't fathoms of menus and there's a button for the stuff that matters. The internal speaker is poor, but most rigs do have poor internal speakers.

The feel is very nice indeed. Nicely made and a pleasure to use. It's just a nice thing to use.

I bought it on impulse and it would have been worth hanging off to get a Pro II / III model, but if a decent one comes up, and it doesn't have the dreaded 'blue lines' then it is going to make you more than happy.