Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | SV2CZF tunable active ferrite antenna for scanners Help

Show all reviews of the SV2CZF tunable active ferrite antenna for scanners

You can write your own review of the SV2CZF tunable active ferrite antenna for scanners.

KB5AG  Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2017 17:38  Send this review to a friend!
Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So, having bought Theodoros' active mini-whip antenna and raved about it, I thought I'd take the plunge and try this one. This is a small, tuneable antenna that works from 1.5-7.5mhz, with a ferrite loopstick and a BNC connector. His mini-whip works great, but is prone to pick up electrical interference when indoors (as all e-field antennas will). This model rejects most of that, resulting in a clear signal indoors that rivals an outdoor antenna. The frequency range is a bit limited, but I believe that's why it works so well. There's a lot to hear in that range! The antenna is somewhat directional, so you can tune it for maximum signal and minimum noise, but it doesn't null like an MW antenna would.
I am very satisfied with both antennas, but this is the one I use indoors the most. I can't wait to see what SV2CZF comes up with next!