Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Radio Shack HTX-10 Help

Show all reviews of the Radio Shack HTX-10

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack HTX-10.

W4KVW  Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2017 18:09  Send this review to a friend!
Great 10 meter Only Rig   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I must say the HTX-10 is a fine little radio.I own it as well as the HTX-100 & the President HR-2510 & all work very well on 10 meters but I'll take the HTX-10 hands down over the other two.The HTX-10 has the ability too work FM repeaters even though it does not have a tone board but it does allow split operation on those repeaters without a tone.Neither of the others can do that.The HTX-100 does not have AM or FM so it falls way behind & though it has CW & the HTX-10 does not I'm not a CW person so it's not an issue at all for me. The HR-2510 has all modes but it does not do split so no repeater use with it.I am making the HTX-10 my full time mobile & for those who say 10 meters is dead I must say it's open most every day here at my home in North Florida so I hate you live in a dead zone.Catch you on the bands if you can get some prop because even right now 10 meters is hopping as it has been most of the day & most every day in sunny Florida. {:>)