Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | DXE-AOK-60M - DX Engineering 60 Meter Add-On Kits Help

Show all reviews of the DXE-AOK-60M - DX Engineering 60 Meter Add-On Kits

You can write your own review of the DXE-AOK-60M - DX Engineering 60 Meter Add-On Kits.

K4WQ  Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2017 06:53  Send this review to a friend!
Makes a Great Antenna Even Better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After listening to 60 meters for a while, I decided to go ahead and get the 60 meter add-on for my Hustler 6-BTV. As the previous reviewer said, the assembly itself was pretty easy. The tuning process however is another story. Took forever to get the SWR on 60 meters to my liking. There's a bit of interaction with 60/80/40 meters. Do the adjustments as instructed. After a while, I thought I had all the bands just right. Raised the antenna one more time and then all of a sudden, 60 meters went to hell. Found out that during the raising, one of the hose clamps was loose and the dimension for one of the traps changed significantly. After that was fixed, all came into acceptable values. I will confirm that the top hat assembly is only a few inches from the top of the tubing. Also, a fair amount of the whip had to be trimmed. Otherwise, it works well. No degradation seen at all on the other bands.