Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Scorpion Antennas SA6-160 Help

Show all reviews of the Scorpion Antennas SA6-160

You can write your own review of the Scorpion Antennas SA6-160.

W5CSG  Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2017 17:48  Send this review to a friend!
Top Quality Antenna, Superb workmanship, Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running the Scorpion 6-160 antenna for a little over 5 1/2 years. This was one of the best purchases I have made in Ham Radio gear, This antenna is built like a tank, and looks and works fabulous too! I had reason to call Ron recently when my pickup got into an argument with another vehicle, I got hit right smack on the antenna, which destroyed the shunt coils and the relay for the antenna, that was all the damage I had to my pickup... Almost $4000.00 on the other vehicle. After explanation to Ron he got that part right out to me.

Funny Story, I had just started operating with the Scorpion antenna, and on my way to work one morning, about 4 AM I was messing around with getting it to tune on the 160 band, and wound up tuned up and listening to the beginning of a net somewhere back east I think Maine was where net control said he was. When he called for any new stations, I threw my call out. He responded to my call, and ask for name and location. I responded that I was mobile between Albuquerque and Santa Fe in New Mexico, and my Name is Chris. He almost immediately said, You Sir are a liar... No one can tune up mobile on 160. I replied if he were so inclined he could look on APRs.FI on the internet and see that my track is moving and should be traveling about 79 miles per hour just south of Santa Fe. After a few minutes of silence, he came bacl on the air, and said I owe you an apology, you are moving, and what antenna are you using? I told him it was a Scorpion antenna made by NI7J!