Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Pro Set Plus Help

Show all reviews of the Heil Pro Set Plus

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro Set Plus.

PA7TWO  Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2017 14:47  Send this review to a friend!
Good fit, very comfortable, superb TX and RX audio are key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got a unit secondhand. Immediately I noticed the boom was pretty loose, would drop down automatically while using the headset.

Looked up the original usermanual on google, found a pdf and in Red text it is described how to tighten the ring (actually three screws) where the boom is attached onto. Problem resolved (at least for now that is).

Audio of the HC-5 element with my Yaesu FT5000MP is ab-fab. I tried the HC-4 element but audio volume level is too thin (not strong enough) and need to open the MIC gain quite a lot. This new MIC setting is not more compatible with the MD-200 or home made headset+mic. I keep it for now on the HC-5 elements and let the radio filter the TX audio spectrum instead. After some DSP tweaking, all sounds absolutely great in MONI function.

Was testing on air while tweaking the DSP settings of the Yeasu radio and got unsolicited audio reports on how good the setup sounded, golden!

Reading the previous reports I hope this unit will be in one piece and with me for a long time during my HAM experiments (mainly chasing DX).