Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Radioddity GD-77 Dual Band DMR Help

Show all reviews of the Radioddity GD-77 Dual Band DMR

You can write your own review of the Radioddity GD-77 Dual Band DMR.

AA9EG  Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2017 15:39  Send this review to a friend!
Pleasantly Surprised about quality of radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my GD-77 from Amazon in August. It came in a nice box that contained the radio, charging cube, desktop charging cradle, power cable, 2200mAh battery, dual-band antenna, programming cable and the user manual. The user manual is quite detailed and explains all aspects and features of the radio. The latest version of the programming software can be downloaded from radiodiddity.com website or their Facebook page. Firmware updates can also be downloaded from these sources.

My first impressions of the radio were that it looked well-constructed and felt good in my hand – traits of a “professional” radio. The display is uncluttered and easy to read in all lighting conditions. The display show up well, even in bright sunlight. For darker situations, simply turn on the built-in backlight.

After programming a few DMR repeaters and groups into the radio I was ready to go. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the first QSO on the radio! The audio was clear and crisp. The volume could be turned up, almost to maximum level, without distorting. This is also a trait of a “professional quality” radio.

After using the GD-77 for a few weeks, my opinions have not changed. This radio is well worth the money it costs. For a price that is less than a single band DMR radio, Radioddity gives you a DUAL band radio. The GD-77 covers UHF DMR as well as the two-meter analog ham band. How many DMR hams have to carry a second HT so they can have the two meter band for ARES and RACES activities? All of the DMR’ers I know do. With Radiodditty GD-77 they can have it all in one radio. I waited until a dual band DMR was available = for that very reason.

From what I have seen on Radioddity’s Facebook page, they are really committed to making this radio the best possible DMR dual band radio. Customers are constantly telling what features they would like to see in the radio and programming software. Radioddity is quick to react to feedback. This is refreshing to find in dealings with ANY company, let alone a Chinese company. Kudos to the people at Radioddity.