Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | EAntenna EA1015204080DXS Help

Show all reviews of the EAntenna EA1015204080DXS

You can write your own review of the EAntenna EA1015204080DXS.

KB5PQL  Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2017 17:29  Send this review to a friend!
Update Review  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I originally reviewed this antenna with a faulty balun. While this review was correct, it was not a fair review because the antenna had an issue out of the box. DX Engineering has been awesome to work with and remedy this problem and I give them two thumbs up for taking care of their customers! The replacement antenna came in a box with instructions and it took a couple of hours for me to move the spacers where they needed to be to support the individual elements. Just a word of advice. The spacers come attached to the longest element of the antenna. While it is ONLY attached to this element, move the spacers to your approximate positions while it is easy to do. Otherwise, if you attach all of your element before spreading the spacers I will guarantee that your vocabulary will expand but not in a good way. :) I was a bit nervous about putting this antenna on the air simply because of my prior experience, but, to my amazement, everything worked great! The antenna tuned with 100 watts! Before, I couldn't even tune at 30 watts before the tuner was searching for a lower SWR. 500 watt test will be coming soon but I think it will be fine. All tuners, manual or auto tuners acted squirrelly with the original antenna. I wonder if it was arcing on the inside of the balun? Anyway, the second experience has been great! I didn't trim the antenna because I wanted to experiment. Please note: the antenna out of the box is about 1 MHz down from the resonant frequency. I'm fine with that as I was already going to use the tuner. 40 Meters seems to be the only band that right on at about 7.300 low SWR without adjustment. The bottom line is that the antenna performs very well and is made with high quality components. My initial experience seemed to be a fluke. DX engineering was great to work with and I hope that my first review doesn't drive anyone away because this antenna seems to be everything I hoped it would be. Good Luck with yours!