Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | GAP Titan Help

Show all reviews of the GAP Titan

You can write your own review of the GAP Titan.

AF4HL  Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2017 23:47  Send this review to a friend!
Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My last antenna was a random wire up 60' which I loved until it came down, and my yard is such that I really can't put up a new one until February (when the leaves are gone). In the meantime, I thought I'd go back to a vertical. I choose the Titan DX mainly based on the reviews on this board. It's location is far from ideal - trees on 3 sides and near a metal building.

Some observations:

1. I had no problems at all following the directions.

2. I installed the antenna on a 10' pole and choose to use guys, seeing as I live in a hurricane zone. With Hurricane Irma, I had wind gusts over 65 mph and the antenna wasn't affected at all.

3. I wasn't expecting much at all on 80 meters, but was pleasantly surprized when I was able to break through a pileup and work DX 1,500 miles away running 100 watts.

4. It seems to perform very well on 40 meters. I was able to work New Zealand from the US East Coast, again running 100 watts.

5. I've gotten good signal reports on all bands. Also, the antenna doesn't seem to be any noisier than my wire antenna.

I've only had the antenna for a month, but so far I have to say that it's exceeded my expectations.