Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Joplin Amateur Radio Club Antenna Launcher Kit Help

Show all reviews of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club Antenna Launcher Kit

You can write your own review of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club Antenna Launcher Kit.

W6NF  Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2017 12:19  Send this review to a friend!
Works well for me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very pleased with this antenna launcher. It has been used eight times and has successfully, and easily, launched line over trees with heights up to 55 feet. It is a far better solution than my old slingshot!

I installed a G5RV antenna in a very heavy growth of pine/fir/balsam and was concerned that the PVC tube launched into the trees would not clear and return to the ground. Both lines launched came back to ground level without incident and the G5RV pulled into place easily.

I will say that, in spite of the advice of the JARC, I did pressurize the launcher tank to 35 pounds but it held that pressure nicely. Yes, the PVC valve is a bit difficult (stiff) to actuate cleanly but that was not a significant problem even with the first launch.

I was able to purchase one of the recommended Zebco fishing reels for under $7.00 and that reel works nicely.

Kudos to the JARC for a nice product at a reasonable price.