Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER.

N0FQN  Rating: 4/5 Oct 5, 2017 13:36  Send this review to a friend!
Good radio for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this rig to replace my IC-775DSP I foolishly sold. After looking at Sherwood Eng site and seeing the specs on this rig I figured it was worth a try. Yes, the specs do tell the truth but, the final judge is your own ears. It was a toss up between the 7300(with tuner) and the 7200(without tuner). I went with the tuner. Comparing this to my IC-765 and IC-7100 it fell right into place. The receiver is very comparable to the 765. Neither one was better then the other on SSB or CW at 250Hz. The receive tonal quality of the 7300 is a little harsher. I liked the more mellow sound of the 765. Both used the same speaker. The only quirk, if you will, was the way to place a frequency into memory was different than the 746(Pro)/756 series/7100/7200/765/775. I've had them all. I like the idea of using either the buttons or menus to change the NB, NR, Notch, etc. The DSP has improved over previous models. I heard no "watery" sound that was typical in the past. The "fish finder", as it's fondly called, is of no use to me. Digital modes are difficult for me with arthritis and poor typing skills too boot. For the price range it's a dandy rig.