Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Yaesu FT-101 Repair Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FT-101 Repair

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-101 Repair.

WD5FMQ  Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2017 01:54  Send this review to a friend!
Premiere FT-101 Resource  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bringing a 40-year-old FT-101EE out of retirement, I needed some unique replacement parts, which I thought would be impossible to find except perhaps in overpriced eBay junk rigs abused by CBers.

I was pleased to find Al's (NW2M) FT-101 Repair Website - but just as much, his "community service" FT-101 "home page", a treasure trove of FT-101 and related information, including a complete and annotated service manual.

Contacted Al, and was pleasantly surprised by the speed of his reply, and that he actually had new old stock parts. I ordered what I needed, Al quickly filled and shipped my order (at very low prices), and kept me informed of the status of my order immediately as each event occurred. My prized rig from 1977 is back on the air. Now, I'm getting some more parts from Al to spruce it up.

I've never met Al, either in person or on the air, but think of him as a friend more than as a supplier. He's prompt, courteous, friendly, extremely knowledgeable, provides quality parts and guidance, and has invested an enormous amount of time and talent in providing, for free, the best and most extensive FT-101 information resource I ever hope to find, online or off.

No, I'm not related to Al in any way, but am pleased to recommend him, his products, and his services to my fellow hams.

Dick, WD5FMQ