Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Help

Show all reviews of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL

You can write your own review of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL.

W1AJT  Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2017 05:38  Send this review to a friend!
Great Functionality & Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Yaesu G-800SA controller became non-linear; 330 degrees was 330 degrees but 50 degrees showed as 0 degrees and full clockwise rotation showed as 90 degrees on the controller but the antenna was at 270 degrees. I tried to buy a used controller but was getting prices from $250 to $350 when a new complete G-800DXA was $480. The factory cannot fix these controllers and although I have someone that can fix it, it would have been a tedious process.
I saw eHam reviews of the ERC controller boards. Rene at ERC assured me the board would get me back to accurate pointing besides the benefits of SW control. I bought the assembled USB version and couldn't be happier. The build quality is excellent and the accessories shipped with it have everything needed. For my case it was six wires that had to be integrated into the Yaesu controller. The ERC worked immediately and after the extended calibration just works great. I used the ERC control utility and N1MM rotor - both function perfectly with no effort there are many more SW packages the work also. If you have a flakey controller that can still turn the antenna or want a SW interface this is the best possible solution. Thanks for a great solution at a reasonable price Rene.