Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7610 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7610

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7610 .

VK4VW  Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2017 22:23  Send this review to a friend!
Excellent transceiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just put the 7610 in the shack 3 days ago but the improvement over the 7600 and my Kenwood TS-990 I previously had was immediately evident.

Improved signal to noise ratio, recovered audio is far superior and into an external speaker it is magnificent.

I have a lot of noise here at my QTH like most suburban hams and the 50kw solid state broadcast transmitter down the road just adds an other dimension to this challenge. Therefore I was a little concerned that the receiver would struggle, my concerns were unfounded. The 7610 receiver is so much better than the IC-9100 and IC-7300 currently in the shack and a real improvement over the IC-7600 and the Kenwood TS-990 I had until recently.

The screen is very sharp and bright and the resolution is better than I expected. Drives my Expert 1.3K-FA very smoothly, no spikes or overshoot at all.

All the knobs are in the right place and I find using the sub received very easy.

A keeper I am sure.