Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7610 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7610

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7610 .

W3DS  Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2018 12:26  Send this review to a friend!
Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iíve owned a number of mid-priced radios over the years, most recent the IC-7600, IC-7300, and TS-590SG. I like the idea of an SDR with knobs without a PC hookup. The IC-7300 is a great little radio but a bit too compact for me. The 590SG has an excellent receiver but no built in bandscope. The IC-7600 is one fine radio and I was interested in its successor the IC-7610. The 7610 is a performance upgrade from the 7600, a better receiver and more sensitive faster bandscope. The ability to connect an external display is nice. The 7610 has separate connectors for both a hand key and paddle, the 7300 doesnít. The receivers are not the same. The IC-7610 has a better receiver than the 7300. But itís 3 times the cost. Yes, the radio is expensive, but the quality and finish are superb. Itís a great new toy with plenty of eye candy. Iím not a contester and a very casual operator. This radio is overkill for my needs, but a lot of fun. Amateur radio is a hobby and thatís what itís all about. There are signals near the noise floor that I could copy that the 7300 wouldnít hear. I like the size and ergonomics of the radio. Iíve never been a fan of touch screens and finger printing up a beautiful display. An inexpensive rubber stylus pen was a simple solution. I really enjoy this radio am happy with my purchase.