Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Workman 104 VHF-UHF SWR Wattmeter Help

Show all reviews of the Workman 104 VHF-UHF SWR Wattmeter

You can write your own review of the Workman 104 VHF-UHF SWR Wattmeter.

WY7CHY  Rating: 3/5 Feb 8, 2018 18:43  Send this review to a friend!
Gets you in the ballpark  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This meter isn't all that great. But for $28 at amazon, it does what I need it to do. Some radios have a decent swr/pwr meter in them. My FT-857d doesn't. Very inaccurate bars. So, to know a ballpark swr reading, I got this meter. I'm not much into 2m/70m, but I play once in a while and wanted to check SWR on an antenna I put up. SWR is pretty accurate in this meter. (I compared it to a friend's Bird and it was close).

Forward power is off. The meter says good to 150 watts, but under 20 watts the meter is slightly low. 20-25 watts is somewhat accurate. 30 reads around 40-45 and anything above 30 watts shows full scale. It doesn't peg the meter, so I'm not worried about that.

I know how much my radio puts out, so I didn't need a meter for that. I basically just wanted an SWR meter so I could tweak the antenna and play with the coax. 2m and 70cm seem accurate enough for me. So, I give it a 3 because it's fine for my needs. But if you REALLY NEED a meter that is somewhat accurate for everything; swr and power out; spend a few more dollars and get a better meter. You can find a decent 2m/70cn meter for under or around $50. I literally was looking for the cheapest meter to read swr. I found it. For me, it's ok.