Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | DIAMOND X-200A Help

Show all reviews of the DIAMOND X-200A

You can write your own review of the DIAMOND X-200A.

AD0AR  Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2018 04:52  Send this review to a friend!
You gotta be kidding me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Using with a Icom IC-7100/ IC-7000 and a dual MFJ amplifier setup. Top of antenna is 42FT AGL.
At first I was running a 5/8 wave dual band mobile Diamond antenna.
Performance was good to about 30 miles out.
I upgraded to this antenna to get a little more range as to hit a repeater about 40 miles out.
After putting it up, I could hear a repeater, but not the one I was looking for.
Nah, this one was much further away. About 120 miles away. I could key the repeater too. All with the stock output from my IC-7100. Who needs amplifiers with this bad boy! Maybe if you are operating simplex?
I am impressed.
Granted I needed to hit the preamp and keep all wires short due to coaxial losses for better receive, but this antenna totally ROCKS!
It's been up since 2015 without issue.
I'm a Navy veteran here and I am used to dressing antennas and coax on antenna masts aboard naval ships, so your mileage may vary on your personal installation.
Next I need to install a dual band preamp AT the antenna to utilize the full range of this antenna as I can obviously transmit farther than I can hear. Buy one, RTFM (read the friggin' manual) and you will be satisfied.
In God we trust, all others we monitor. AD0AR