Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | West Mountain Radio Rigblaster Advantage Help

Show all reviews of the West Mountain Radio Rigblaster Advantage

You can write your own review of the West Mountain Radio Rigblaster Advantage.

AG4F  Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2018 06:08  Send this review to a friend!
Fantastic device, WMR has improved significantly over the years  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried WMR products years ago when USB was fairly new, and the RB USB products were very new. They simply didn't work due to shielding issues, major USB driver issues, etc. Very recently, I needed to be able to interface my rig with my PC specifically through the mic port. The RB Advantage was the only product I could find that handled that (others used the ACC port). So, I thought I'd give WMR another shot. Boy, am I pleasantly surprised! Installation took 5 minutes. Configuration was dead easy. It just works. The USB drivers appear to be very solid. The RB Advantage construction is great. Their jumper block system makes setting it up for your particular installation a breeze. The only issue I have is on 80 meters where the RB Advantage is going haywire (motorboating audio) if transmitting more than 100 watts. I know I have high RF in the shack due to antenna proximity to the shack, which I cannot avoid at my current QTH. I've tried relocating the RB Advantage and adding Mix31 beads to all connections into the RB Advantage, all to no avail. So, still working on this issue, but I don't consider this a RB specific problem.