Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER.

AB9TX  Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2018 11:12  Send this review to a friend!
Fun Rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After 6 months of ownership I thought I would throw my 2 cents worth in on this portable radio by Icom. Number 1 the operational design is outstanding, fun and easy to use, I will call it groundbreaking as the other big radio manufacturers are scrambling, which in my opinion is a good thing for us. The receiver is super hot, and the 2 preamps are very use able. I find running the first pre-amp and turning down the receiver gain works great. When it gets too noisy, I turn off the preamp.
The receiver gain control is the key with this SDR rig.
The emergency tuner mode can go to 10:1, limiting the power output to 50 watts, but for QRP use it is great with those home brew wire antennas and experimenting, where all other radios except Elecraft have figured out how to build an internal tuner.
The display is small, but very readable. The audio is great, even better with the matching speaker. I have excellent audio reports with the stock mic.
I have this radio on my nightstand where the size is perfect, very enjoyable radio, well done Icom. Thank you.